I love the recipe for crunchy pumpkin granola and make it often but I found another recipe I love just as much. It's loaded with pecans, crunchy and has a touch of maple flavor. I adapted both recipes from the same blog Sally's Baking Addiction. Check it out, her food photography makes you want to make every one of her recipes.
The mornings I'm not having a smoothie, noosa yogurt with homemade granola is my kind of breakfast.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, melted coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oats and nuts: stir until all the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes (until golden brown), stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and enjoy!