|These Dutch Baby Pancakes are as cute as they are delicious!|
Serves: 4 - Lodge 5 inch cast iron pans
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (split between 4 pans)
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- maple syrup (optional)
Filling: (split between 4 pans)
- ¼ cup homemade lemon curd (or store-bought)
- ½ pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Add eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest together into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place butter in each skillet and place in the oven until butter has melted (just a few minutes). Pour 1/4 of the batter into each pan, return them to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the pancakes are puffed and golden. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake five minutes longer.
- Remove pancakes from oven, serve with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, a spoonful or two of lemon curd and blueberries.