Sauce Ingredients:2 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce (find this in the Asian section)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice (if you don't have fresh lemon, fresh lime or even orange juice works)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix cornstarch and rice wine vinegar, set aside
2. Mix everything else in a sauce pan and heat on medium until steaming, add the cornstarch and vinegar mix.
3. Heat to a boil, stirring often, boil for 1 minute. Take it off the heat. It will thicken as it cools. Once it cools, use or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
*Best made ahead as it thickens as it cools.
3lbs Chicken Wing
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet (with sides) lightly with vegetable oil.
3. Lay wings on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 40-50 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, increase oven temperature to broil. Move oven racks closer to broiler (but not too close) Broil both sides until golden brown. Only takes about 3-5 minutes per side, watch closely so not to burn.
5. Transfer cooked wings to a large bowl and toss wings with the Asian Zing sauce.