Sauce Ingredients:2 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce (find this in the Asian section)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice (if you don't have fresh lemon, fresh lime or even orange juice works)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic, minced (I don't add, already enough garlic in the chili garlic sauce)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix cornstarch and rice wine vinegar, set aside
2. Mix everything else in a saucepan and heat on medium until steaming, add the cornstarch and vinegar mix.
3. Heat to a boil, stirring often, boil for 1 minute. Take it off the heat. It will thicken as it cools. Once it cools, use or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
*Best made ahead as it thickens as it cools.
3lbs Chicken Wing
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet (with sides) lightly with vegetable oil.
3. Lay wings on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 30 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Remove from oven, increase oven temperature to broil. Move oven racks closer to broiler (but not too close) Broil both sides until golden brown. It only takes about 3-5 minutes per side. Watch closely so not to burn.
5. Transfer cooked wings to a large bowl and toss wings with the Asian Zing sauce.