Sunday, December 9, 2012

Asian Zing Wings

Have you ever had the Asian Zing Sauce at Buffalo Wild Wings?  Well, I've been craving their Asian Zing Wings and tonight  I'm a happy girl as I made them at home.   These wings were just what I was craving.  I found the recipe here Food.com.  These are spicy (but not too spicy) with a touch of sweetness.

Sauce Ingredients:

2 tsp cornstarch
4 tsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chili garlic sauce (find this in the Asian section)
1 tbsp (low sodium) soy sauce
1 tsp fresh lemon juice (if you don't have fresh lemon, fresh lime or even orange juice works)
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic, minced (I don't add, already enough garlic in the chili garlic sauce)
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
1. Mix cornstarch and rice wine vinegar, set aside
2. Mix everything else in a saucepan and heat on medium until steaming, add the cornstarch and vinegar mix.
3. Heat to a boil, stirring often, boil for 1 minute.  Take it off the heat.  It will thicken as it cools.  Once it cools, use or store in the fridge until ready to serve.

 *Best made ahead as it thickens as it cools.

Wings:
3lbs Chicken Wing

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven 400 degrees.
2.  Grease a baking sheet (with sides) lightly with vegetable oil.
3.  Lay wings on the baking sheet in a single layer.  Bake 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
4.  Remove from oven, increase oven temperature to broil. Move oven racks closer to broiler (but not too close) Broil both sides until golden brown.  It only takes about 3-5 minutes per side.  Watch closely so not to burn.
5.  Transfer cooked wings to a large bowl and toss wings with the Asian Zing sauce.

Serves 3-4

UPDATE:  I use my air fryer now to cook wings.  They come out super crispy! 






                                                             

10 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful for an upcoming party I am hosting. Thank you for sharing and giving such great direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely comment online but since this is the umpteenth time I'm using this recipe...I felt like I had to comment. This recipe is super easy and super delicious. My family requests that I make these wings almost every week and we never have leftovers. My immediate and extended family request that I make these for dinner and family gatherings. I even had someone buy me the ingredients so that I could make them for her. I absolutely LOVE this recipe and you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it matter which you use: light or dark corn syrup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used light but I think the dark would work fine. I may have to try the dark myself, it might add another depth of flavor.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your response, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I have been looking every where (Pinterest & Youtube) for this recipe. I hope it taste similar, or just like Buffalo Wild Wings sauce. I will be back within a month or two to let you guys know !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like these as much as we do. I don't even order them at Buffalo Wild Wings anymore as I like these better!

      Delete
  6. tried this receipe was absolutely delicious

    ReplyDelete