Monday, February 29, 2016

Tuna Stuffed Avocado



I'm getting a lot of inspiration from FaceBook lately as all these food pictures and videos are popping up.  This recipe comes from The Stay At Home Chef.
I got all excited when I realized I had every ingredient to make this for lunch today.  It only took about ten minutes to make, so easy and healthy.  I love tuna but I usually load it with mayo and make it into a cheesy grilled tuna melt.  I won't be giving up my tuna melts but these deliciously stuffed avocados will be making an appearance often! 
This recipe is easily made for one, two or more.  For a light lunch, I could see just eating one of the halves BUT I could have easily eaten two, so light and fresh!
  • Ingredients:
  • 1 avocados, halved and pitted
  • 5 oz. pkg. solid white tuna (albacore packed in water)
  • 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
  • 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
  • 1 tablespoon jalapeno, minced
  • 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
  • salt and pepper
  1. Combine tuna, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl.  Pour lime juice over.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.   Lightly toss all together until everything is mixed.
  2. Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment