Saturday, March 19, 2011

Corned Beef Hash





I love lazy Saturday mornings when Kevin and I get up, make coffee and read the morning away.  It's a day that I have time to make a good breakfast.  This morning I made corned beef hash and fried eggs.  I have never had or made corned beef hash before today.  It was really good and I will be making it again the next time I have leftover corned beef. 
All you need is butter, onions, potatoes, corned beef, parsley and a few eggs to fry up for a great breakfast.
 
Yield: 4 to 6 servings

3 tablespoons  butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
3 cups chopped, cooked corned beef
3 cups cubed, cooked Yukon gold potatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

1. Heat the butter in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, until translucent.

2. Add the potatoes and stir lightly so not to smash the potatoes.

3.Once the potatoes are lightly browned, add the corned beef.  Continue to cook until heated through.

4. Remove from heat, stir in the chopped parsley. Add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment