Saturday, December 26, 2009

Clemintine Cosmos

This last week before Christmas I entertained a lot and loved every minute of it.  BUT I didn't take many pictures of the food I prepared.  I either forgot or I just didn't have the time to stop.  Not a second to spare before the quests showed up.  Anyway I would like to applaud those of you that blog recipes and take amazing pictures.  I'll never understand how the Pioneer Woman does what she does.  Check out her blog, it is AMAZING!
This is one recipe I remembered to take a picture, only because I made them a few times.  This drink is amazing!  These Cosmos are great to make ahead for entertaining.  Easy and a fun use of a Christmas time fruit.  I will look forward to these every Christmas.  Found the recipe on Foodnetwork. 


Ingredients:
6 large clementines (if small use double), plus 1 very thinly sliced, for garnish
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup cranberry juice
1/3 cup lime juice
1 1/2 cups vanilla flavored vodka (I used only 1 cup)




Directions:
Wash clementines.  Cut the clementines into quarters and squeeze their juice into a saucepan (I like to use a potato masher, once it's all in the pan and mash the juice out). Add the sugar, water and clementine flesh and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Pour into a strainer set over a measuring cup, pressing on the solids to remove as much liquid as possible (about 2 1/2 cups). Discard the solids, cool the liquid to room temperature and pour into a pitcher. Add the cranberry juice, lime juice and vodka and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Put 6 or 8 martini glasses in the freezer.

To serve, pour the mixture into an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake until very cold. Pour into martini glasses (I rimmed the glasses with sugar) and garnish each with a clementine slice. Drink up and enjoy!


Hint:  Have an extra batch of the simple syrup made, then you can whip up a new batch in a snap if need be.


No comments:

Post a Comment