Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beef Stroganoff (Crockpot)


For our Christmas dinner I had made a tenderloin roast which I got for a crazy good deal at $6.99 lb for a whole tenderloin.  I  only used the center cut of the tenderloin to roast (which was delicious!) and cut up the ends and froze for a later use.  So when I was thinking of how to use the leftover tenderloin this recipe came to mind.  I got this recipe years ago from my sister-in-law Judy.  I've made it many times over the years and was surprised when I realized I haven't shared this recipe on my blog.  It's a crock pot recipe which makes it easy, comforting and delicious!  The recipe calls for stew beef not tenderloin and is what I always use BUT if you have extra tenderloin that you got at a great price, why not, it was so good!




2 lbs stew beef, cut into pieces
2 envelopes dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup red wine (I use Pinot Noir or a Cabernet) (I always use red wine but beef broth is also good)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (4 oz) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 -1/2 cup sour cream



Combine all (except sour cream) in crock pot; stir well. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Before serving add sour cream and heat through. Serve over egg noodles. Serves 8

Note: If you have a small crock pot this can be halved for 4 servings.  If using wine, use wine you will drink.  Then compliment the meal with a glass of the same wine.

1 comment:

  1. that looks very delecious! Thank you for sharing such mouth watering recipe!

    ReplyDelete