Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pecan Crescent Cookies




I've been making these cookies as long as I can remember or should I say my Mom has. They are my Dad's and husband's favorite. They have many names, Mexican wedding cookies, Swedish tea cookies and as I like to call them pecan crescent cookies because of the way I shape these cookies. They are buttery, nutty, not too sweet and a perfect cookie for the holiday.


1/2 c. powdered sugar

1 c. butter softened

2 tsp. vanilla

2 c. all-purpose flour

1 c. finely chopped pecans

pinch of salt

Powdered sugar


Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, pecans, and salt. Mix until dough holds together. Shape into crescents. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool slightly; roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely; roll again in powdered sugar. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's been awhile but I will try making these cookies.

    ReplyDelete