Sunday, January 9, 2011
Puppy Chow (for people)
1 (6 oz) pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
8 cups rice Chex cereal or Crispix cereal
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1. Combine chocolate, peanut butter and butter in saucepan; cook over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. (Or melt in the microwave)
2. Remove from heat, and stir until smooth.
3. Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, stirring to coat evenly.
4. Spread cereal mixture on 2 wax paper lined 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pans; let cool.
5. Put coated cereal into large bowl sprinkle with powdered sugar; stir to coat evenly or if your bowl has a lid, cover and shake until coated.
Makes 8 cups