Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Poached Egg


My husband Kevin's favorite breakfast is Eggs Benedict.  I never make it at home because I don't like making poached eggs because they never turn out, that is, until I discovered this technique that makes a perfect poached egg, which you'll see in the video.  Now, I just have to work on perfecting hollandaise sauce. 

Straining the egg in a fine mesh strainer gets rid of the watery whites that would just float in the water.
I have the water at a slow boil.  Once you lower the egg into the water, all you have to do is move it around a little so that it cooks evenly.  I cook mine for about 3 to 31/2 minutes.  
Isn't that a beautiful poached egg!  The egg comes out perfect with tender whites and the yolk is liquid gold, according to my husband.

This was Kevin's breakfast this morning, sausage gravy over a biscuit with a poached egg.  He was a very happy man!

1 comment: