Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cream Cheese Cinnamon Crescent Bars


I have had these bars but never made them myself until now.  I will say, sometimes, it's good to NOT know how something so good is made because now I know how much butter goes into these bars.  The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup butter but I cut back a little.  I know, not a lot but it made me fill a little better.  I made these for a brunch but would be a great dessert too.  I will be making these again when I have somewhere to bring them as they are so easy, quick, delicious and worth every bite!  


Ingredients:
2 cans pillsbury butter crescent rolls
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup butter (melted)
Cinnamon & Sugar (1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon)
Instructions:
Unroll and spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of un-greased glass 9x13 dish, pressing perforations to seal. In a medium bowl, beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture over crescent rolls. Unroll remaining crescent rolls over mixture, pinch seams together.  Spread melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cool, about 20 minutes.  Good served warm, room temperature and right from the refrigerator.  Cover and refrigerate to store.  Serves 12 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy will sure try it. As even like cooking variety

    ReplyDelete