Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chunky Guacamole

I love avocados, in a salad, with Mexican and my favorite, guacamole. Here is my recipe for...


Chunky Guacamole
Ingredients: avocados, fresh lime juice, garlic. salt, pepper and tomatoes


Cut avocados in half. Taking knife, cut into pit and twist, removing pit.
I like my guacamole chunky so I like to score the avocado before removing from its skin.
Taking a spoon scoop out avocado.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Here I show I add the tomatoes (whoops!) but I like to add the tomatoes last, after I have mixed up everything else so not to crush them.
Only use fresh lime juice not the bottled juice. It's all about the fresh taste. Lime juice also helps the avocado not turn brown. When you have all the ingredients in bowl toss to mix all together.
When I making a small batch I like to serve my guacamole in this cute avocado dish.
If you are not serving right away make sure you put plastic wrap right over the guacamole so that it doesn't turn brown and refrigerate.

Chunky Guacamole

(makes 3 cups)




4 ripe Haas avocados
2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced (I like to use garlic press)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 medium roma tomato, seeded, and small-diced


Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and dice the flesh in their shells then scoop into a large bowl. Immediately add the lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Add the tomatoes. Toss lightly. This makes a chunky guacamole. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment