Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cherry Cheese Danish

I have to admit I'm having a hard time coming down from all the excitement I had with the Pillsbury Bake Off.  So in honor of Pillsbury I made these cherry danishes for Easter morning. These come together in minutes, they are so simple to make. Over the years I've made these all the time, one of my kids favorites.  The recipe makes 8 so it was perfect when my kids were home.  Now that they have flown the coop I don't make them unless they are home.  Only my son was home for Easter but he had no problem eating his sister helping.

4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons powder sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
8 oz pkg. Pillsbury crescent rolls
1/2 can cherry pie filling
1 Tablespoons milk
sugar


1. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and extract until smooth.
2. Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles. On large ungreased cookie sheet, arrange triangles so they don't touch.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto bottom portion of each triangle; spoon cherry pie filling (about 4-5 cherries) on top of cream cheese.
4. Fold top corner of triangle over so tip touches bottom corner. Gently press outside edge to seal seam. Repeat with remaining triangles.
5. Brush top of crescent roll dough with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake 350 for 20 minutes until golden brown. (Do not under bake otherwise the dough will be doughy)
Serves 8 ( or 4 in our house as we all want two)
Hint: The other half of the can of cherries won't go to waste because your family will be asking for you to make them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment