Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly




I love rhubarb  and this is a way you can have it all year round because you freeze the jelly. I got this recipe from my Grandma Logterman.  After having this jelly no other jelly will do.  It's even great on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I've got my stash in the freezer so I'm set until next rhubarb season.  I also made an extra batch so I could share it with friends.




I made a double batch to share with friends.



     5 cup rhubarb, chopped
     1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
     1  cups sugar
     1 (3 oz) box strawberry jello

1. Combine rhubarb, pineapple and sugar in a large saucepan and mix well.
2. Bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring. Add jello and mix well until dissolved. Cool for 30 minutes.
3. Ladle mixture into freezer containers (I use Pyrex glass containers with lids or plastic Ziploc containers if I'm giving it away). Refrigerate or freeze. If frozen,  thaw in refrigerator several hours before serving.

Hint: This recipe only makes 4 cups so double the recipe if you want it to last all year long.

2 comments:

  1. This jelly is the BEST!!! I just ate the last spoonful of it by itself! : )
    DeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got done making this...I took a spoon full before it was fully cooled and I knew immediately this was going to be something amazing!
    Ashley (Autumn's sister!) =)

    ReplyDelete