Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Lately I've made pumpkin bread and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting so I had some pumpkin puree leftover in the fridge so I decided to try these pumpkin pancakes.  I'm not a huge pancake lover BUT I loved these.  These pancakes were light, fluffy and full of pumpkin flavor.  I found the recipe here at Martha Stewart Living.  In the mason jar is real maple syrup, my friend (Cate) brought back from a farm in New York.  Thanks Cate, the maple syrup took these pancakes over the top!
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (If batter is too thick add a little more milk)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • pinch ground cloves (I used 1/8 teaspoon)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree (I used 1/3 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a medium bowl.
  2. Whisk together the milk, pumpkin, butter and egg in a separate bowl. Fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
  3. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat.
  4. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. (These cook longer than regular pancakes)
  5. Serve with butter and (real) maple syrup.
Makes 8-10 pancakes

1 comment:

  1. I just tried your Pumpkin Pancakes recipe, and they turned out wonderfully fluffy and delicious! I noticed the recipe includes spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, which are perfect for a fall-themed breakfast. However, I thought adding a bit of vanilla extract might enhance the flavors even more. Have you tried this variation? I believe a teaspoon of vanilla could add extra depth to the overall taste. Can't wait to make these again.

    ReplyDelete