- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), diced
- 1 (10-ounce) box of frozen spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) feta cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 (4-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Warm the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the feta and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and set aside.
Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around the stuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
Warm the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a pan and place in preheated oven to finish cooking while you make sauce. Add the chicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth boils. Reduce the broth by half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. Spoon sauce over the pork in oven and cook until pork chops are completely cooked. May take a few more minutes. Don't overcook but cook until no longer pink.