Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hasselback Chicken


My Aunt Mary reminded me this weekend that I haven't blogged in a long time.  Thanks Aunt Mary, it's nice knowing someone is following my blog!  It's not that I've stopped trying new recipes and I admit I don't cook as much as I used too but I've found something else to keep me busy.....

My Granddaughter, Reagan.  For her first year I got to watch her three days a week.  She's now 13 months old and started day care.  On those days that I get to pick her up from day care I need something quick and easy to make for dinner and this Hasselback Chicken is perfect.  
I saw the recipe from Tip Hero on my cousin Tami's Facebook page.  She said it was delicious so I had to give it a try.  We liked it as is but next time I will saute some shallot or green onion to give it a little more flavor.  It was a perfect recipe for two but can easily be doubled/tripled.  You can find the recipe and video here.  

splash of olive oil
4 heaping cups fresh spinach (about 4 oz)
1/4 cup cream cheese
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese or asiago cheese, shredded
Smoked Paprika (Penzeys Spices)
Salt
Pepper
1.  Preheat your oven to 400 degree.
2.  In a sauté pan heat olive oil and cook the spinach, 3 to 5 minutes, until it is slightly wilted.
3.  Stir in the ricotta until combined.  Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
4.  Slice slits along the chicken breasts, 3/4 of the way through the chicken.  (be careful not to cut chicken all the way through)
5.  Stuff all of the spinach mixture into the cuts.
6.  Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the white cheddar on top. Then sprinkle the paprika, adding color and flavor.
7.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.  (don't overcook)

                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment