|Chopping the kale this way is brilliant! Texture problem solved. I had to do a few batches to get 6 cups. Just use the pulse button a few times to get it to this texture.|
Chopped Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, rinsed and dried (I yielded 6 cups after it was chopped)
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants (both are good but I'll be using raisins as I always have them in my pantry)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, toasted pine nuts or slivered almonds (whatever nuts you like will work great)
- 1/3 freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (have extra for garnish, more cheese the better!)
- Juice of one lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, process kale using the pulse button a few times. You want a finely chopped texture.
- To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a large bowl that you can mix in the whole salad.
- Add chopped kale, raisins, sunflower seeds and Parmesan to bowl with dressing
- Toss all ingredients together and serve or refrigerate. (I think it's better the next day!)
- Garnish with extra Parmesan cheese before serving.