Saturday, March 5, 2011

Golden Harvest Muffins



Bringing these muffins to my son, Michael, at college.  I like to bring him these muffins as they are packed with goodness.  They are one of his favorites.  He not a big sweet eater so he would take these over cookies any day.  What I like about these muffins is you can freeze them and take them out as you want them and they stay perfectly moist.  I'll be keeping a few for my freezer.  Great with my morning coffee!

1 cup flour
1 cup wheat flour (if you don't have wheat flour just use all purpose flour)
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 cups shredded peeled apples (I use my small food processor to shredded apples and carrots)
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs, beaten

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray two muffin pans with cooking spray. (18 muffins)
2. In large bowl, combine flour, wheat flour sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
3. Add apples, pineapple, carrots, coconut, raisins and walnuts; mix well.
4. Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs; stir just until moistened. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pans.

Hint: Make and freeze a batch of these muffins. It takes just half a minute to warm on in the microwave.

makes 18 muffins or 12 large muffins (20-25 minutes for larger muffins)

1 comment: