Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Shimp Roll


I LOVE Trader Joes.  When I go I always find something new to buy along with all our favorites.  At the bottom of the post I share a few of my favorites. 
I had never heard of red shrimp until a few days ago when my sister in law, Judy, mentioned that she ordered some from a seafood vendor and they were so good.  So when I saw red shrimp at Trader Joes I picked up a 1 lb. bag ($11.99).  Not sure what I was going to do with them until the next day when I was in search for what to make for lunch.  In the freezer I saw some leftover hotdog buns and then the red shrimp and thought lobster roll, except with shrimp!  I didn't have time to thaw in the fridge so I just placed in a strainer and ran cold water for a few minutes to thaw.  Then I diced into small pieces and sautéed the shrimp in a little butter.  These raw shrimp being pink already looked cooked but it only took a few minutes.  Of course I had to sample them warm so I popped a couple in my mouth.  OMG, these were so tender, sweet and did remind me a little of lobster.  I then put into the fridge to cool.  I don't have any measurements to share as I just used enough shrimp for two sandwiches.  Once the shrimp was cool, I added mayo (I'll use less next time), diced celery, diced onion, salt and pepper.  I kept it simple and will make it again as is but next time I might add a little old bay spice to the shrimp before sautéing.  Also if I happen to have some chives or dill, or maybe some lemon juice, that would be good too!  One change I will make is butter and toast the buns.  I'll be making these again so I'll post back with measurements and any additions that would make this shrimp roll even better than it was today.  



I fill my cart at Trader Joes with all sorts of goodies, like flowers, produce, wine, cheese but here are some of my favorite things I always have in my cart. 

I always have to stock up on their coconut chips and nuts for my homemade granola that I make on repeat.

This Kung Pao Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice makes for a quick delicious meal.  Quicker than getting takeout!
We treat ourselves to dark chocolate after our meals and these are always one of our choices!
                       
We love this peanut butter, it's  simple, and simply scrumptious. There are two ingredients inside every jar: peanuts and salt. That is all.  Great with sliced apples!

What's not to like, peanut butter and pretzels!




                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment