Monday, October 23, 2023

Pesto (Small Batch)

This last year we've been in an apartment while our house is being built so in the spring I had to grow basil inside.  Luckily we have large floor to ceiling sunny windows and the basil thrived!  Growing right in my apartment kitchen window made it so handy. and I ended up using it often for many recipes.  This is my go to pesto.  It's fresh tasting and vibrant.  Today will be my last batch because the plants seem to know winter is approaching and aren't doing so well.  I'll freeze this last batch and use it all winter to add to pasta, soups and pizza.  I'm going to enjoy winter but will look forward to next spring when I'll be planing basil in my new herb garden! 


Yields: 1 cup (easily doubled)

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh packed basil leaves
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Combine basil leaves, pine nuts and garlic, lemon juice and salt in food processor and process until very finely minced.

With machine running, slowly add olive oil and process until the mixture is smooth.

Add Parmesan cheese, process very briefly to combine.  Store in refrigerator or freezer.  Enjoy!



                                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. Your homegrown basil pesto looks absolutely delicious, and it's wonderful how you managed to nurture it indoors while your house is being built. The vibrant, fresh taste must be a delightful addition to your recipes. Freezing some for the winter is a smart move, and I'm sure it will bring a burst of summer flavor to your dishes. Here's to looking forward to your future herb garden in the spring! 🌱🍃🍝 #HomegrownPesto #FreshFlavors #GardenDreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your website while exploring the world of small batch goodness, and I must say, I'm impressed! As someone keen on maintaining a balanced lifestyle, I've found myself intrigued by the benefits of fish oil supplements lately. Incorporating them into my routine has truly made a noticeable difference. Have you guys ever considered diving into the realm of health supplements, perhaps even featuring fish oil supplements in your lineup? I think it could be a fantastic addition to your already stellar offerings! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete