Sunday, January 10, 2010

Avocado and Olive Pizza

I found a recipe for Avocado and Olive Quesadillas - For the Love of Cooking blog, but I had a Boboli pizza crust I wanted to use so I changed up a few things and made these quesadillas into a pizza.  The out come was a wonderful light dinner.  I'm thinking this will be especially good on those nice summer days with a margarita in hand.  A girl has to dream, it's like 14 degrees outside today! Brrrrrr




1 small can of sliced black olives, drained
3 firm-ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and  diced

1 garlic clove, minced (I used a garlic press)
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced

1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped

2 roma tomatoes, diced (I used a bunch of grape tomatoes, sliced)
Juice of 1 lime or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 pizza crust
Mexican blend of cheese, shredded 

sour cream

Chop all of the vegetables. Stir together olives, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, tomatoes and lime juice. Season with  salt and pepper to taste.  Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.  Cover with plastic wrap so that the avocados don't turn brown.



Bake pizza crust.  Layer with cheese and bake until melted.  Cut pizza into slices.  Top with avocado/olive mixture.  Garnish with some sour cream and you have a wonderful light dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment