Tilapia is my favorite fish, it's tender, flaky, has a mild flavor and cooks up fast.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (Kraft 100% grated parmesan, not fresh)
4 tablespoons butter, softened room temperature
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 dash hot pepper sauce
4 servings | 15-20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On jelly roll pan, lay fillets in single layer. (cover pan with foil for easy cleanup)
3. Do not stack fillets.
4. Brush fish with juice.
5. Bake fish in preheated oven 10 minutes or until fish just starts to flake. (depending on the thickness of your fish, may have to cook longer)
6. While fish is baking, in bowl, combine parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
7. Mix well with fork.
8. After fish has baked 8-10 minutes (depending on thickness) spread with cheese mixture and broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
9. Watch fish closely so that topping does not burn.