Thursday, June 2, 2022

Focaccia

Shocking Easy No-Knead Focaccia

I don't make a lot of bread but this is one recipe I enjoy making and feel confident knowing it will turn out every time.  
This is a no knead, hands off and a shockingly easy Focaccia Bread recipe.  It does take time, 2 days but with little effort.   I'm just going to link you right to the recipe, Shocking Easy No-Knead Focaccia by Sarah Jampel at Bon Appetite.   Sarah shows you small step by step clips which are very helpful.  I've made this several times with a few changes and it always comes out great!  Thanks Sarah Jampel for a great recipe!!


Here are my tips:

1.  I always weigh my flour.  My water temp to dissolve yeast is about 110 degrees.

2.  In Step 3 clip, they show her using her hands to coat dough in bowl with oil but the dough is pretty wet so I just toss it in the bowl with a rubber spatula.  Also, after the dough has been in the fridge 8-24 hours, I let the dough sit until it gets to room temperature before I do the fork technique in Step 4.  The dough is more manageable.  You'll see the fork technique in Step 4's clip.  

3. In Step 4 I use a 9x13 pan and let it rise the full 4 hours.  My house is always on the cool side so it takes time to rise.

4.  I've never used the garlic butter at the end of the recipe.  I prefer it with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt.

5.  It's best eaten the day it's made but I always have some leftovers that I slice and freeze so I can pull out a slice or two when needed.


                                                                                                           

1 comment: