recipes to my board I call, recipes I want to make. I thought I should start trying some of these recipes. So, tonight I tried this beef and broccoli recipe and it's a keeper. It made for an easy, tasty week night dinner. The recipe comes from Jenny at Rainy Day Gal. Check out Rainy Day Gal as she has a lot of great looking recipes.
Beef and Broccoli
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour for marinade Cook Time: 8 minutes
First, marinate the meat:
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips (slice across the grain) (I used only 1 lb)
- 1/2 c low-sodium soy sauce (Do NOT use regular. The final product will be way too salty)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 heads broccoli, crowns only (I used about 5 cups broccoli)
2. In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering. Add broccoli and saute 3 minutes, stirring often. Transfer broccoli to a plate.
3. Carefully add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the hot pan. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Stir in the broccoli and remaining sauce. Saute 1 minute more. Serve over rice.