submitted by: My Mom
3 sticks butter, softened
3 cups flour
2/3 cup water
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
10-12 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons butter, cut up
1. Combine butter, flour and water. Add more flour if needed to make a nice workable dough that can be rolled out. Roll out half the dough on waxed paper to fit a 15x10x1 inch pan (jelly roll pan).
2. Once in pan sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
3. Layer on top of crumbs the sliced apples, enough to make a nice filling.
4. Sprinkle on the sugar, cinnamon, flour and pat on the butter.
5. Roll out remaining dough on wax paper and place on top crust. Prick the crust with a fork in a few places to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle on a little sugar and bake 350 for 45-60 minutes.
Enjoy as they are or you can drizzle with powder sugar frosting.
Hint: Rolling the dough on wax paper helps you control the dough and gets it on the pan nicely. Of course you remove the wax paper once it's on the pan.