4 oz cream cheese, softened
3 Tablespoons powder sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
8 oz pkg. Pillsbury crescent rolls
1/2 can cherry pie filling
1 Tablespoons milk
1. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and extract until smooth.
2. Separate crescent roll dough into eight triangles. On large ungreased cookie sheet, arrange triangles so they don't touch.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture onto bottom portion of each triangle; spoon cherry pie filling (about 4-5 cherries) on top of cream cheese.
4. Fold top corner of triangle over so tip touches bottom corner. Gently press outside edge to seal seam. Repeat with remaining triangles.
5. Brush top of crescent roll dough with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake 350 for 20 minutes until golden brown. (Do not under bake otherwise the dough will be doughy)
Serves 8 ( or 4 in our house as we all want two)
Hint: The other half of the can of cherries won't go to waste because your family will be asking for you to make them again soon.