Sunday, February 10, 2013


Why I never thought to dip juicy clementines in chocolate, I will never know but now that I did it's my new favorite snack.  I came across the recipe on food network.  They sprinkle the chocolate with sea salt but I like them just plain chocolate.   They make a perfect snack or a quick dessert.  I used a container of Baker's Dipping  Dark Chocolate.  This container works great with left over chocolate, just pop on the plastic lid and refrigerate until you make these again.  The chocolate didn't stay in my fridge long as I made them a few times in one week.
Directions:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat (non stick baking mat). Peel and segment clementines, set aside.  Be careful not to break the skin as the juice will seize the chocolate.  Gently melt chocolate in  the microwave.  Dip segments in chocolate and transfer to parchment-lined sheet. Once all pieces have been dipped, set the sheet aside until chocolate hardens (takes about an hour). To quickly harden chocolate, transfer baking sheet to the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment